Today, I give to you a recipe that means a lot for me since I am a little girl because today is a very special day – I am 30! I then decided to talk about my favorite dessert in the world that I’ve been making since I am 10 : the tiramisu! A tiramisu is very easy to make and so good – here are all the details and the recipe!
The tiramisu is an Italian dessert with coffee and mascarpone. This recipe was given to my Mom by an Italian friend. It has quickly become my favorite dessert to make and taste!
The best thing to do is to prepare the dessert one day earlier, and leave it in the fridge for 6 to 24 hours in order to have a creamy dessert.
For about 10 persons:
1. Preparation of the cream
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks and put each in a different bowl.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and leave the bowl in the fridge.
- Add sugar and vanilla sugar to the egg yolks.
- Add the mascarpone and mix the whole.
- Add then theegg whites and slowly mix in order to get an homogeneous cream.
2. Coffee preparation
Make a strong coffee and pour it into a dish. Add some sugar in it and mix the whole.
3. Putting everything together
- Put the dish for the tiramisu in front of you, near the dish with coffee and the ladyfinger biscuits. Everything will be done with fingers here.
- Put a biscuit in hot coffee, the face with sugar first in coffee – not too hot though in order to avoid getting burnt. Wait for a few seconds, then turn it down. Once it is soaked, get it out and put it in the tiramisu dish.
- Once you put a first layer of biscuits soaked with coffee, add a layer of cream to cover the biscuits – don’t forget you need to keep some cream for a second layer!
- Add then a second layer of biscuits soaked with coffee, and then the last layer of cream. The ideal situation is that the cream covers all biscuits.
- Dust cocoa onto the whole dish, and it’s ready! You only have to put it in the fridge for a few hours!
Help! A few additional tips for you
Because there may be unexpected events in the kitchen, here is some advice:
Which dish to choose? Take a dish that is big enough to contain the dessert, but not too big. You might find the perfect dish after a few tests
When should we take the biscuit out of the coffee? When the biscuit is soaked with coffee but is not too soft. It also depends on the coffee temperature and biscuit thick ness – the hotter the coffee is and the thinner the biscuit is, then the quicker the biscuit will be soaked with coffee.
My advice: when the coffee is pretty hot, I put the biscuits one by one in the coffee. A few minutes later, when the coffee is less hot, I will be able to put a few biscuits at the same time in the coffee.
My biscuits float in the cream? This already happened to me, and I think this is because of a too light cream or biscuits that did not get enough coffee. You can’t really do anything once the biscuits float, so I advise you leave the tiramisu in the fridge long enough so that the cream gets firmer.
What should I do if the cream does not cover all biscuits? Try to cover them at best, the cocoa layer will hide this issue!
Now you have all the informations to realize your best Tiramisu ever! Bon appétit